Pages

Friday, September 10, 2021

LJ L2 Back To School

 Sept 9, 2021

WALT describe how I’m feeling

Level 2 - Back to school


Getting Out Of Bed

This morning I woke up with a beam of morning light coming at my bed as I slowly got up moaning and groaning until I remembered that it was the day I could finally go back to school. YAY!! I woke up feeling like I had a lot of energy to do my morning jobs, but it turned out that I was not very energetic that morning. I jumped out of bed so excited, then I got dressed as slow as a tortoise in a race with a cheetah. 


Going To School

As soon as I threw my bag over my shoulder, I raced out the door, slipped my shoes on and ran to the car yelling “I’m finally at school again!!” Once my mum dropped me off at school I trotted slowly past all the classes and happily said “Good morning.” to Mrs Windelborn and Whaea Kim, then I saw Mihi and Skyla playing and talking in the gazebo. As soon as I had a look at who they were I ran to them with my arm’s wide open ready to hug them and I screamed out “I missed you so much!” Mihi did that too and then when we came close Mihi stuck out her elbow instead of the hug. I got really confused when Mihi put her elbow out so I had a little pause and then I found out that Mihi was elbowing me because covid is around and no one can hug their friends, which seems like nothing has changed but when you experience it, it feels like it’s the end of the world not being able to give your friends a big fat hug. After saying “Hi!” and “I missed you guys so much!!” Mihi, Skyla and I thought of playing busted with the grass being the safe place. I would say that I am not a professional at that game but I think I did good. 


My Day At School

After saying “Hi.” to everyone I walked past, I all of a sudden heard the bell ring for learning to begin. When I walked into the classroom my teacher, Mrs Jujnovich greeted every child one by one to check how many people were here at school today. After Mrs Jujnovich greeted everyone, my class listened to what Sir had to say through the intercom. Sir told us what school value we will be looking at this week, he told us the top ten students of mathletics, he was telling us that we have to bring our own drink bottle and the last thing he said was “We are proud and passionate leaders of learning in the heart of the community, Ina te tukaha te tu maia o nga kaiarataki matauranga kei waenganui kei te manawa o te iwi kainga.” After Sir had said what he had to say Nico did the Karakia and then Mihi said the Mihi to start the morning off. After the Karakia and Mihi my class started this piece of writing and then had a brake by playing golden child. Golden child is a game where one team is shooting and the other team is running a lap of the court, the runners and the shooters have to be in a line and take turns running and shooting. To start the game the coach or in this case Mrs Jujnivich would call out “Start!” or “Go!” That's when the runners will start to run a lap then shooters will start shooting. Once the shooters have got a basket the runner that is running would stop and then the next person would try to run a lap to get home. To win the round the shooters have to shoot a basket while the last runner is running the runner is the golden child has to make it home.  the runner is called golden child 


Favourite Things

I had a great day at school because I loved playing golden child with all my friends and finally going somewhere and seeing people. The best thing was that I could get away from my brothers just for a bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.